Friday, May 2, 2014

Transformers Armada Haul! Autobot version! Feautring Overload, Jetfire, Optimus Prime, Hotshot, and the God of Power Ups, Clusterfuckimus Prime!

The government decided to throw even more money at me to keep doing what I'm doing, so I decided to spoil myself and buy a few Transformers I've had my eye on for quite sometime. When I woke up today bright and early at 12:30 P.M. They were outside waiting for me! Hooray!
The best part was that the Transformers were individually wrapped like Christmas presents! Awesome! Like a greedy brat on Christmas, it was time to tear them open! First up the disappointment Hotshot!

I watched maybe  5 episodes of Armada, and it was awful. Energon was terrible, but in a hilarious way. Cybertron was passable, but it was too drawn out. I know jack about this guy other than Walky loves him, and he's suppose to be like My nigger Hot Rod. His toy however , is a piece of crap. The car mode is passable, but the robot mode is shit.
Hey guys, when's the short bus pulling up ?

Yeah, what a blocky piece of shit, with almost G1 tier engineering. Why is his minicon a helicoptor? The same question can be raised by Starscream, why is his minicon a race car ?  At least Starscream isn't a chunky piece of shit like Hotshot here.4/10, he really sucks. Now let's move on up the the Ultra Magnus (Or Powermaster Optimus/ God Ginrai)of Armada, Overload.



.
As you can clearly see, Overload is a tiny truck with a huge ass trailer. Yeah, size doesn't matter, hur durr, but the trailer is essentially a brick. So what sort of robot does he become ? An ever blockier one!


He is impressive in robot mode, but he really can't move, aside from at the shoulders. The tiny truck minicon forms the chest center and head.  There really isn't much to say, you either like this brick or you don't. I like him, so he gets a passable 6/10. He is a glorified power up for Optimus Prime after all.
Jetfire is next! I've always loved his Armada design, he's a freaking sweet looking space ship to me. I love the colors, and the decals, though the robot mode is a bit dumpy.


See what I mean about dumpy?  He's not an awful design, he just needs to get some more exercise. The articulation is pretty meh, but I expect this from Transformers. I'll give ole chunky here a 6/10. Now time for the King Clusterfuckimus Prime! Awwww yeah1


 Optimus comes with the Obligatory minicon which can sit comfortably on his ass, along with his gun. Everyone knows that Optimus looks better with his trailer though, so let's check that out instead! Awww yes, what a pimp! Optimus always looks so badass with a trailer. I love him even more if it combines with him for a super mode, instead of being a useless base that takes up space.





Not too shabby!  A broad robot chest,  which reveals a matrix! Albeit a crappy flat one, especially when compared to the one Big Convoy had. He can't even hold it. Still Opyimus looks great, and powerful, like he should!

Here's  his base trailer! Nothing special, but hey Overload can be slapped on top of it for some God unknown reason.  Look at his cute robot mode next to it! Time for Super Mode!


He's not too shabby from the front, but the rest isn't so pretty. The legs don't bend, but he's big and impressive, which is clearly more important. Overall I give him a 7/10. Now let's see the King Clusterfuck in both modes!


Look at that, two trailers! And space shuttle on top ? Now that's an Autobot leader I would die for, I don't know about you.  Now for the combination of all of the above.
Come over here so I can shoot you with my guns!

He's gonna have back problems when he's older.

I love combinations, and that all 3 of these piece were in the same lot with Armada Starscream was a deal too great to pass up.  Jetfire essentially replaces Optimus's trailer, and Overload is balanced precariously on his shoulders, so he has to lean forward, otherwise it would fall off. Awesome. I love it! Now here's the whole  crew together!











No comments:

Post a Comment