Saturday, May 3, 2014

Transformers Armada and Energon Haul, Decepticon version! Glavatron, Scorpono, Tidalwave, and Starscream! The best Decepticons of course!

I actually bought Scorponok, Galvatron and Tidalwave separately from Starscream, but hey they all came this week and from the Unicron trilogy, so why not review them together ? These things just can't be helped.



From what I remeber of Transformers Energon, Scorponok was essentially a bitch to Megatron and the rest of the Decepticons, which was odd considering his size. Still, I love him and brought this one into my home. He was a little dirty, but cleaned up nicely. Aside from a missile, he appears complete.  I love the bulky design of this guy, and his giant claws. The color scheme is obnoxious, but it appeals to me somehow. Time to Transform and crawl out!


What surprise, Scorponok transforms into a scorpion! Well, some sort of cyborg bastardized by construction equipment scorpion, but whatever. I can dig it! He even has a second mode! A Spaceship! Sure, why the hell not!

Yessssss! I love the jets and the sleek deisng he's rocking. The sides are a bit bulky and weird, but iy's not terrible or anything, and doesn't impact my love of this bullied bastard. I give him an 8/10! Awesome! So let's roll onto the bitch of every series, Starscream!


Has Starscream ever not been a jet ? And a traitor of course, that's his other defining characteristic. So how do he stack up in this guise ? Pretty well I say. The red and silver is a nice touch, accented with red and black. The dual cannons are pretty cool too.


He's not too shabby in robot mode either. He's solid, the transformation is simple, and he has a huge cockpit dick, He's pretty balanced surprisingly. I'll admit when this guy was redone in the Generations line, I was tempted to get him. Til I saw the finished design that looked like they got bored painting him mid way and called it quits. I was so glad this guy was included in my lot! Armada Starscream- 7/10. So now it's Tidal Wave time!
He came in three parts! It's like he's getter robo! CHANGE! TIDAL!!!!

The three parts become a giant battleship. Tidal it is really cool looking, and I love his colors. From what I remember he was huge in the show, and kind of an idiot. He was also gay for Galvatron, at least later in Energon once he gets an upgrade.
Tidal wave . . . Tidal Wave.


Here he is in all his glory! Tidal wave is a big guy . . . for You! The articulation sucks, but he looks just so cool standing there that I forgive him. I give ole Tidal Wave a 7/10. The colors and size overcompensate for everything else. Now let's get to our esteemed leader, Galvatron, Megatron, whoever.

I prefer this color version to the green one. He's a tank, an obvious homage to his chunky G2 iteration,  but with a giant crab head. The paint scheme is cool enough that I forgive it.  He speaks saying "The power is mine!" I guess he means Tidalwave's power, since that's who he comes with.


The head coloration really doesn't seem to match the body, but other than that he looks good. Definitely more intimidating than Armada Optimus.  He even has cool gimmicks like a face shield and knife that pops from his forearm. Now let's get to his shit combination with Tidalwave.

Yep, Two pieces of Tidal Wave become a giant forearm and shield. Well, it was probably hastily put together, following the very nature of Armada itself. Overall I give Galvatron a 6/10. I prefer the Energon and Cybertron variations much more.  Whole crew:

Expect another video game rambling blog soon. I played Fable 2, Dragon's Dogma, and Bravely Default til I got bored with all of them. Time for some Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, Wild Arms 5, and Ookami! Hopefull at least one can catch my interest.











No comments:

Post a Comment