Thursday, May 29, 2014

Transformers Masterpiece 03 Grimlock Toys R Us, second version.

I originally had the rerelease of Japanese Masterpiece Grimlock on preorder, but then I received Masterpiece Starscream Coronation version. It was cool, but $200 cool ? No way in hell. I was elated to hear that Toys R Us was once agin releasing Masterpiece Grimlock in America! He started out at $60 last week, and then they jacked it to $80. This morning when I woke up, I knew I would find one. I went to the store, and BAM! There it was! I bought one for myself, and one for my friend!

Me Grimlock am not dumb!

What a nice box! But it's what's inside that counts, much like a woman's vagina. If you aren't inside it, then it doesn't count! Enough innuendo, let's get back to the king!


Grimlock looks as tough as ever with his large upper body and huge arms. There's even some metal used up there! The problem is though, that this makes him top heavy, and he cannot pose too well. He is prone to falling over if his legs spread out too far. Still the paint job is good, and the figure is solid. Accessory wise he comes with a gun, crown, and a sword. The sword lights up, but I didn't know this til after he was in Dinobot mode, and there's no way I'm transforming him back. Dino mode is true Grimlock mode!



It's so weird seeing Grimlock in Robot mode, I'm use to his Dino form so much more. He does look quite nice with his crown and sword though, such a dashingly handsome young man. Now let's get to the true Grimlock. RAWWWWWRRRR!



That's the Grimlock I know and love! He can't stand so well without his ass/ tail to balance him, which is a bit annoying. His tail/ ass doesn't exactly connect to his body either, it's a bit awkward. There are gaps, but they aren't too noticeable unless you're looking for them. he has a nice nozzle in his mouth to breathe imaginary fire too.
Aside from his light up sword, he has a second gimmick, you can change his eyes from red to blue, which ever yo prefer. Just pop open his skull, and spin the wheel.

All in all, Grimlock is worth exactly the $80 I paid for him. The figure is solid, looks great in both modes, and it's fuckign Grimlock! What more to you want ? I can't tell if he's in scale with the rest of my Masterpiece figures, but close enough. Masterpiece Grimlock- 8/10! Go buy one if you don't live in Scalper hell.



No comments:

Post a Comment