Sunday, October 5, 2014

Tokusatsu Revoltech No.052 Iron Man Mark. 21- The Joys of shiny repaints.

After the underwhelming Revoltech Mark 42, I have no idea why I bought this guy. He's a Gold Repaint of the Mark 7 Revoltech, and comes with almost no accessories, the same as the Mark 42, But here he is, sitting on my shelf staring at me with a look of begging, he wants me to review him. I will you bastard, I will.

  This armor is being called the Mark 21, but it's a super Shiny Armor reffered to as "Midas" after the king who turned everything he touches into gold. Apparently it's used for Space Exploration, but why the fuck would it be gold ? Well in any case it certainly looks cool.
Kaiyodo was generous on the accessories, that is for sure. Two blasts, four extra hands, and two blast effect parts. The suit itself looks alright, but the stand sucks and it's hard to pull off cool poses without it. He looks decent in a static pose due to the different shades of gold on him. The sculpt is fine, but the gaps in the abdomen and odd knee angles bother me. Just check him in action poses.
How does I fight evil?



  I mean he isn't terrible, but the knees look horrible bent in any angle other than the front. I do like the detail on this guy, and his back flaps open up for flight or take off. He's cool, but just a bit plain. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but at least he wasn't $70 like the Figma. I give him a 5/10, but maybe a bit higher if you are a hardcore Iron Man fiend. He probably looks great surrounded by his Revoltech brethren.


No comments:

Post a Comment