Sunday, October 5, 2014

Steins; Gate Dual Figma Review- 196 Okabe Rintarou and Kurisu Makise

I finally got around to playing Steins;Gate a few weeks ago, so it was a foregone conclusion that I would buy at least a  Kurisu Figma,  and possibly a Rintarou one. I've wanted Kurisu for awhile, but my lack of fandom towards the series held me back. When I beat the game, I picked both of them up cheap on Amiami for $25 each. I had to wait a few days for the original Kurisu, I preferred her look to the all white Lab coat version.

  I've noticed in collection threads online, so many people have both of these figures. Is Steins:Gate really that popular ? Its a good anime and a great game, so I can see why. At least it never reached Attack on Titan levels of saturation, or Sword Art Online levels. The boxes remind me of somewhere between Archers Reality Marble and an Old Lady's bathroom. Noice.

  Kurisu has a nice design, she's pretty kawaii, yet stoic at the same time. I like her short shorts mixed with the tights, and her coat that she can't wear properly sets it all off. She comes with a traffic directing stick/ dildo/ light saber, folded arms, cellphone attached to hand, and Dr. Lepper hand.
Coats don't work that way, but dat ass.
Okabe shops at Big Lots.

I like where this is going.


It's not like I like Dr.Lepper or anything . Baka.
Kurisu is a solid figure, especially considering how cheap you can get her these days. The colors are fitting, the sculpt is solid, and she's easy on the eyes. This is an amazing figure for fans of Kurisu, or Tsunderes in general.I give her a 9/10.

   Now it's time for Hyouin Kyoma, the mad scientist of Steins;Gate. Or Okabe Ritnaro to his friends. He has a sweet ass Labcoat, arms with nub hands so he hand hide his disability from the common man, an invention of his, and the cellphone that activates the legendary Steins;Gate.He comes with bare fee and removable slippers, and dress shoes, because he is a classy bastard.





   Okabe is a really cool figure, he looks amazing in his mad scientist poses, and the facial expressions perfectly offset those movements. I love the detail on his face, and appears just like he did in the anime. He looks great in any pose, but the more eccentric the better. Okabe Rintaro- 9/10!

What has Science done?


I'm pretty bad updating this blog, but I swear I'll always come back when I get a new toy. Expect Figma Guyver, Figuarts Master Asia, Masterpiece Star Saber,Figma Homura, and possibly Figuarts Brolly when they are released. I'm pretty burned out from school these days, and I don't get any significant portions of time off til December 12th. Then it's back at it from January 13th til August 6th. Please kill me, thanks. At least I'll finally finish my Bachelors and my 2nd associates.


No comments:

Post a Comment