Saturday, September 6, 2014

Master Grade Hi-Nu Version Ka! The original Strike Freedom

I don't think I've ever covered it on here, but when I was in my teens I was a Gundam Fanboy. I had seen every series multiple times (Except Turn A) and all I wanted were Gundam Models. I basically bought the coolest designs from each series, and out of the UC series, my favorite design was the Nu Gundam. I was always on the fence about the Hi-Nu though, he wasn't even animated!  But they announced the Hi-Nu version Ka, I finally caved and pre-ordered him. Now I've assembled him, and he is glourious!

  The box is much bigger than Unicorn's. It contains more kit trees, and a stand! YAY! He was actually an easier build despite the larger piece count, mainly due to many of them being Fin Funnels, and parts to the stand.



   Fifteen Kit trees and a huge sheet of stickers! Oh fuck, they're water decals ? Fuck me sideways, I usually toss those out because they are too much of an asspain. Looks like I'll have to do a few for the shield and the Fin Funnels. Now 5 or so hours later and the tips of my fingers racked with pain . . .

Cluster fuck ahoy!


  Yes! He is beautiful! This kit wasn't as hard as Unicorn, but the water decals were brutal. I fucked most of them up, but don't look to closely and you won't notice. I really detest water decals. They rip, tear, and crinkle so easily, but the Fin Funnels would look like shit otherwise. The stand is in the symbol of that apepars on the original Nu Gundam's shield, and this guys as well. It comes with sticks to attach the fin funnels for fun action poses.  The only real issues I have with this kit are as follows:
1.Shipping is a bitch.
2.Water Decals!
3. The backpack is too heavy.
The backpack has way too much going on, and doesn't attach to well on top of that. Still, this is a really cool kit. He can even wield dual forearm light sabers like Unicorn! The cockpit opens too, same as every Master Grade.
  I really do like this kit, so I shall give MG Hi-Nu an 8/10. Hopefully you can find it somewhere without Rape Shipping. Still my personaly hatred of Water decals knock off a pint too. Expect Figma Ryuuko, Beach Queen's Ryuuko, Midas Iron Revoltech, and Charizard X model kit on here at some point in the next month.Group shot!






No comments:

Post a Comment