Sunday, April 27, 2014

D-Arts Thantos from my beloved Persona 3

Since I picked up the Figuarts Zero of the lead from Persona 3, I've been tempted to pick this guy up.  When I saw the shipping total for D-Arts Omnimon I felt it was time to pick him up, especially at $30.

The box is much bigger than I expected, mostly hue to his backpack of coffins. Yeah, Persona 3 was so edgy with it's death everywhere. Still, he looks pretty cool on the box, and they will never make a Mara persona, so I had to concede and pick Thanatos up.


Whoa, whoa, whoa, he comes with a stand ? Damn, I guess Ban Dai must really hate their DBZ Figuarts line. The only accessories are a sword, scabbard, and two hands. Nothing special really.  Aside from his coffin backpack! Holy poop is that shit awesome.


Without the backpack on, this guy looks pretty lame. He's skinny and dresses like a dandy, plus his skull face isn't particularly intimidating Now let's see him with the backpack on.


We have a winrar here! He is now imposing with his backpack made of coffins. Awesome!  The coffins can be posed individually, and have a chain running through them for edginess. He seriously looks cool just posing here like so.  Now let's pair him up with Yuki Makoto and see what happens.


Oh yes, beautiful! Especially when placed on the same stand, there is a hole specifically for it. Now I can die happily. I give him a 8/10. Awesome!Now get out there and buy one! Along with Yuki if you feel you have too much money lying around.



2 comments:

  1. Thanatos! ♥
    I was so happy, when I got mine last saturday and Makoto should arrive today! They look so great together. *w*
    Mara huh? Just take my money. xD

    Thanks for the review - I'd buy him once more. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! It makes me wish I had picked up the Figuarts Zero of Yu and gotten Izanagi to go with him. It's hard to justify the price tag on Yu though, especially when the Arena figure of him is 1/4th the price.

      Delete