Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Figma #231 Guyver! Corpse of an Ogre!

After Archer made it out of Figma development hell, it wasn't a suprise that Guyver rode his coat tails and made it out too. Actually, it is strange,  as Archer is a central figure in a then soon to be airing anime, and Guyver has a manga that has run ten years too long, with no end in sight, the translations even further away. The 30 year anniversary would be next year, but I'm just glad I finally own him. All the other Guyver figures are near DBZ figuarts levels of price gouging. I wonder which will finish first, Berserk or Guyver.


  
No extra faces ? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? They could have at least thrown in  a Sho Fukumachi head. Anyone he comes with the Figma standard stand, hand tree, two extra blades, a non opening chest piece, and a Guyver 1 unit. Yeah, kind of lame, I know. The figure is pretty small, I guess that's accurate, as Sho looked like kind of a twink.
Don't you want to suck on these babies ? 
   When I was cheking out Guyver's A cups, I noticed they are some sort of translucent plastic, not the shinning yellow tities the box and all prototype shots falsely advertised. Dropped, called the cops, told my mom, emailed my service provider, notified my lawyer, called Pizza Hut, etc, etc.  He can't really hold them open right either, he's like a teenager trying to get his first bra off a chick.



  The sculpt on this figure is gorgeous, but the articulation is a bit mediocre. The waist is very loose, and keeps dancing about like he's jiggle belly. Commence the jiggling!  It makes it  a bit difficult to pull of dramatic action poses. He's not a bad figure, just largely underwhelming. I'll give a 7/10, since he's a Christmas miracle! Plus I'm a huge Nostalgia fag for the series. Though I found out someone else is actually the owner of Unit 1.
   Yes, with his intelligence, magic eye powers, and now a Guyver unit, Lelouch will have no problems over throwing Brittania!



No comments:

Post a Comment